August 2012

Although photos are lacking from August this doesn’t mean that we didn’t get a lot done!  The garden took up  lot of time and the roof took another leap forward.  We took a chance on the weather (the first 4 day dry spell since May!) and tackled the first half of the huge semi-circular roof, removing the lead, cutting out the rot and refreshing the beams.  We also started on the roof above the main hall, revealing yet more rot (although luckily not of the ‘dry’ variety).

We also ‘bit the bullet’ and started stripping out the extensive dry rot  outbreaks in the main house (and yes, we are getting quite good at identifying it!)

This entry was posted in Renovation Diary. Bookmark the permalink.