December 2016

Only a short update this month after a very hectic November.   First up the floors and a bit of a glitch…  After a lot of cleaning it became apparent that the cleaning fluid used in the first clean of the floors to remove the lime residue had etched the stone surface.  A genuine mistake that we spent much of the rest of December trying to solve…

Elsewhere we managed to install new lintels in the upstairs round room, replacing the rotten wooden ones.

And then there was a lot of work measuring up and sorting through the original architraves, skirtings, dado rails and such like.

Finally a visit from a very special guest – our own Kestrel.  Let’s hope it stays to keep the vermin at bay!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Renovation Diary. Bookmark the permalink.